Associate: Dr. Michael Hershey
Michael A. Hershey, MD
Board-certified in Interventional Pain Medicine
Board-certified in Anesthesiology
Fellowship-trained Interventional Spine Care Specialist
Dr. Michael A. Hershey is a physician with double board certification in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine. He received his medical degree from the Weill Cornell Medical College, and his undergraduate degree from Columbia University, graduating with highest honors. After completing his residency in Anesthesiology at Columbia, he finished fellowship training in Pain Medicine at the prestigious NYU Langone Medical Center, ranked one of the 10 best hospitals in the United States in 2016-17 by US News & World Report.
Prior to residency, Dr. Hershey also completed a research fellowship in Neurological Surgery at Weill Cornell Medical College. His passion for medical research is evidenced by his contribution to numerous publications that investigate state-of-the-art pain treatments that safely and effectively treat a broad spectrum of pain syndromes and conditions.
- Intrathecal Morphine Pump in Managing Intractable Low Back Pain with Severe COPD. Chen Q, Hershey MA, Largi J, Zou S. American Society of Regional Anesthesia Annual meeting in San Diego, CA Nov 17-19, 2016.
- Bisphosphonates and Calcitonin: Novel Adjunctive Treatment for Complex Regional Pain Syndrome in a Pediatric Patient. Hershey MA, Rivera E, Reddy P, Matthew L. Columbia University Department of Anesthesiology Academic Evening, New York, NY, May 20, 2015.
- Temperature probe position confounding double lumen endotracheal tube placement for ventriculopleural shunt.. Schaff J, Hershey MA, Kim M, Goswami S. Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists Annual Meeting in Washington, DC. Apil 11-14, 2015.
- Improvement in pain after lumbar surgery in cancer patients with mechanical radiculopathy. Moliterno J, Veselis CA, Hershey MA, Lis E, Laufer I, Bilsky MH. Spine J. 2014 Oct 1;14(10):2434-9.
- Pten Silencing Attenuates Dopamine-induced Ca2+ Influx in Striatal Neurons. Stavarache MA, Hershey MA, Musatov, SA, Kaplitt MG. Society for Neuroscience Annual Meeting in Washington, DC Nov 12-16 2011.